Sunday, October 30, 2011

this sunday



The beginning of the day was kind of difficult. I haven't sleep very well (thanks the jet lag) and this is very difficult to leave the bed...

But well I have things to do today.

First find where my school is: Easy I have a map. At the beginning it was working fine, but then I turn at the wrong place of course and got lost.
So with my best Japanese: Sumimasen ga, tasukete kudasai (Can you please help me). Kore wa doko ni desu ka? (Pointing on the map: where is this).
And the people in Fukuoka always helped me (always because I was lost several times). Sometimes in English and even in Japanese: And I understood and their indications where always correct!!!


Then I had a lunch (I passed the breakfast: sleeping or eating: today it was sleeping). At the train/bus/mall station.
Ok I had a chinese lunch, but I have reasons for that:
Not so much time (for the other restaurants there was some queue)
Not a big set (most of the time you have so much to eat!!)

And... it was delicious!!!






Then I met Ariel, an american girl contacted via Couchsurfing. First I had to find her. And this v is just too big. With x floors, the train being in the second floor :-). The food in the basement.
So once again with my best japanese I asked for help. And a very nice lady took me to the place.
The people are so nice there.
After that we spent the afternoon together. She showed me the shops, the best ramen restaurant and we went to canal city.


Canal city is another shopping mall, and there it was Halloween. So some kids and adults where having a costume contest: very nice.


















 I tried some pumpkin ice cream: well not my favorite. And of course at the hippo restaurant everybody was looking:































Normally they are inside to eat with you, so cute.

After all that I was a bit dead so I went to the Yu no hana Onsen (thermal bad). This one is so great!!!
How to there:
First remove your shoes and put them in a box and take the key.
Go to the vending machine and buy your ticket.
Go with your ticket and key to a desk and exchange them for another key :-)
It is naked so women and men are separated. In this Onsen there are 2 floors, one for women and one for men, and they change regularly the floor.
So I was in the 2nd floor:
Open another boy with my key, put all my stuff inside except a small towel that I will use.
Enter the onsen.
Wash yourself: they are some small seat in front of a shower and a mirror. Seat down and wash yourself everywhere with your small towel and the shampoo and soap provided. It can take a long time :-)
Then try all the baths if you can.
In this floor there was: 3 baths inside (2 mild hot and one cold) and a sauna, 2 baths outside (very hot: 40 degrees) another sauna, a foot bath, hot seats and some place to rest.
I spent 2 hours there!!!! I was red like usual, and some girl were worried and told me to drink: unfortunately it doesn't help!!!!!!

After that, one of my favorite drink:

you loose a lot of water in the onsen.

Then back to my place (and all that by foot!!!) to have a dinner at the cantine: rice, salad, fish, soup, pumpkin (this is the season:-)) and an halloween cake :-)





And after that, well I am done!!!!