On Saturday I visit Darkhan with Sang-Gyu, a Korean volunteer, that is living in Darkhan since 2 years.
So Darkhan, is very white, I think I told you already.
There is snow everywhere!!!
This is a view from the university, on the right, and on the left there is my dormitory.
The streets look good, but most of the time they are icy, so when you walk you have to be careful!!!
This is the main administration building of Darkhan, kind of parliament I think, but I am not sure.
This is a big park, in the summer families and young people are going there to enjoy the summer.
But in the winter this is pretty empty, of course, this is quite cold actually :-)
I think it was -25 degrees!!!
So with this kind of temperatures you can make some ice figures!
This one is dragon, there was also a Mickey mouse and something that I can not identify!!!
This is Sang-Gyu, with some pyrosky, I am not sure how to write it.
This kind of doughnut with meat or rice or potatoes inside.
Delicious but a bit oily :-)
A long long snowy road :-)
And like everywhere in Asia there is french boulangerie :-)
Asian people are crazy about french bred!!!
So you see, home country is not far away :-)
This is me riding a camel, ok he is fake, but that's the intention that counts!!!!
This one is the road going to Ulaanbaatar (UB)
There is a big Buddha in Darkhan.
This is for the prayer
I like the bright colors very nice
And this is the big golden Buddha
This is a view of the city.
The city have 2 parts, the new one, where I live and the old one, this is the old one!
The buddha and the mountains around the city.
This is a man with an horse guitar, very famous in Mongolia.
Mongolian people love horses, to ride them or to eat them, especially in the winter time!
This is a view of the new city.
As you see the sky is very blue. In Darkhan there are not so many cars, so the air is very pure, very nice!!!
After walking a lot, it was time to eat again.
We went to nomad restaurant.
This is the traditional mongolian milk tea, with some salt inside.
I like it, not so strange for me :-)
I took a soup with some meat dumpling and some sheep.
Delicious!!!
And this is buuz, the traditional meat dumpling from Mongolia.
After walking so much I was dead, so this was time for a good night of sleep!!!