Friday, February 17, 2012

Mongolian Lessons

So I have started to study mongolian!!!

You see this is the bill to prove it!!
For the moment I will do 8 starter lessons, after I will see:-)
This is the starter book, you learn essentials things like greeting, take a cab, go to a restaurant
You see more in details!
And oh what, yes they have a different alphabet, Cyrillic, but not exactly the same as russians
So these are the cards I use to remember the alphabet
you see the third one, like an O with something inside this is mongolian.
The pronunciation is quite difficult for me, they have a lot of khé, tc, and this kind of things.

But I have to say I manage to remember this alphabet, this is kind of easier as the japanese alphabet. This is more near to latin alphabet.
But sometimes this is confusing.
For example a C in cyrillic is a S for us
And an H is an N
Yeah yeah, why make it simple :-)

So here I am at the beginning, but I can already say hello, bye and thanks
sain bain nooo , bairrrte, Bairrrrlaaa
well this is my phonetic version :-)
in real this is more difficult!!! : Сайн байна уу?, Баяртай, Баярлалаа.


So now I have to study!!!