Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Darkhan a new city


Darkhan is the 2nd city in Mongolia with around 80 000 people
Wouah very big!!!!
it was constructed 50 years ago with the help of Russia and last year was the anniversary!!
So the style of the building is quite russian I think.
Actually I am not very sure since I have never been in Russia.
Wrong I was in Russia last week-end !!!!
Anyway:-)
You have different 2 parts in the city: old and new
and then in each part some parts: I don't remember the names :-)
But the buildings look quite the same
From outside they look quite old, this is mainly du to the extreme climate and maybe to the fact it was not so nicely build.
You have also some parts with houses and some part with ger camp, which is a mix of ger and small houses.
In this part people don't have bathroom and most of the time the toilet are just a hole outside in a small construction
But Darkhan is building new and a lot.
Since a few month there is a new bus station, the red building
They also construct a lot of new building, I think this one will be with a swimming pool.
The first one in Darkhan!!!
There is also the new supermarket (did)
But what I really like in Darkhan are the parks.
This one is a smaller one (it was in the winter time)

with some banks and nice places
And this grass was there in the winter time, amazing!!!
They have some statues and in the warmer time (kind of now) this is full of people, families, playing around
Sometimes in the city you can see some art, but not a lot :-)
And then you have the big parc, between old Darkhan and new Darkhan
This is a very long one, you can work for 30 minutes
there you have a lot of playground for the child's, banks to seat, music, very relaxing and in the warmer time full of people too!!!
Otherwise you can walk next to the "big" road. But well there is no traffic jam in Darkhan, so this is quite ok :-)