It was around one hour away from Darkhan and we are very quick in the middle of nowhere!
We were by a family having all the mongolian mal animals (horse, camel, goat and sheep)
And there was just a new born sheep!!
And of course the beautiful mongolian horse, with our taxi drive (the same as for the monastery)
There the family and some helpers were taking the wool from the goat.
Many people working there, with child's all around, some with traditional clothes some without.
So the goat are tight and then they remove their hair with some tools (don't know the name).
I am not really sure that they like that :-)
I like especially the hat of the man doing it !!
Here is the man counting how many goat have been done (and they have a lot)
What I like is the french beret.
Many mongolian guys wear it, so cool!
Beautiful lady at work and all with a lot of talking and laughing.
Especially when we came.
We are the attraction!!
Here some members of the family.
And men have different kind of hats :-)
And the child is looking, seating peacefully with her beautiful del (traditional clothe)
Look at the beautiful baby goat
also not born since very long.
And very soft, I want one !!!
Again the traditional del. Actually in mongolia people still wear a lot this clothe. This is the one for everyday.
I like especially the colors and the motives.
And all the child for a picture!!!
The proud of the family.
the gar that you see is where the family is living.
Inside this is quite big.
the child are playing with the animals...
and there he is the one we are waiting for.
The camel.
Actually there are many, but for the moment they are free in the steppe.
So they went to take one for us.
the animal is quite impressive
And not very happy to be there.
It's a bit scary, no???
You see also the color there on the horse.
Always very bright colors!
Ok and now the big fun.
Well I am the first (because I am a lady or because I speak a little bit mongolian, who knows..)
oh god, the stand up part is something.
You really have to hang on very strongly!!!
And then here I am.
This is great!!!
When he is walking this is fine, very soft
but after when you go down, between the legs it's quite uncomfortable.
We are not used to it!!
And here Jörn
and Timo.
They use the camel for 3 things: the milk, the wool and the meat.
Actually animals in mongolia are there when they are useful, they don't have home animals.
Feeding animals that are useless is a waste of money.
After that a small riding on the horse.
Since they are not so big, it's easy to go up
And when you are tall like Jörn, that gives a funny impression :-)
And when you are an expert you have this result :-):
Mongolia is a developing country, so you have a mix of modernity and conservatism
The solar panel are mainly used to produce a bit of electricity for the tv.
In the ger we had the mongolian tea: milk tea with salt.
The grandfather (88 years old) was also there.
We have smelled their perfume bottle (what I have explained during saran sar)
And with my great mongolian I have managed to explain a few things.
The family there was very friendly.
And it was for me the first time to see the real mongolian farm life.
Very nice!!
On the way back there was a bike contest:
after that our driver has invited us again to eat at his place. Very nice driver!
Well I think I want to ride a camel again, and maybe horse as well!!
More pictures under: camel farm