In Darkhan there is a post office. You laugh??? But this is not the case in all countries!!
So there is one, pretty big
You see this is written: Post. I went there for 2 reasons:
Buy Postcards and also see how I can receive a packet.
In Darkhan there is no mail delivery, you have to go to the post office to get your mail.
So if you want to receive a packet you have to put your telephone number on the packet and they will call you when it arrived.
Otherwise you have to go there all the time to check.
But ok for the moment this is a different story.
So I bought some postcards.
For some of them I bought the unique exemplar.
So these postcards are quite old:-)
Not so many tourists in Darkhan!!
But look I found some interesting ones!
Some, like this one, are unique!!!!
This is representing some typical parts of Mongolia.
The archery for example.
Some old bank notes and coins
And here you see the original mongolian writing.
Before the russian came they were not using cyrillic but this kind of writing, very similar to arabic one.
They are starting to use it again, which I think is great, because this is beautiful.
And that's the stamp, representing the Mongolian flag.
So now 2 options: you are the lucky one and you receive a postcard, you are not the lucky one and you don't receive anything.
But there again 2 options: the delivery failed or I didn't sent you anything (who knows :-))
Anyway you will never know :-))))))