Friday, April 27, 2012

Making the buzz

With my friend Boogii, after the market on Sunday, we have done some Buzz.
You remember the traditional food in Mongolia.
Now here is the receipt: -)

The first ingredient is just flour  that you mix with water, that's it.
Not very complicated.
Let it rest for a while...
See the technic for the mixing:



Then you need 2 more ingredient.
A very big piece of meat.
Most of the time in Mongolia it's frozen. Because people buy a lot at the market and keep it for a long time.
So this one was frozen, but the expert Boogii is chopping it perfectly.
I was a bit scared of the big knife :-)





The next ingredient is new onions.
I have chopped this one.
Look at the beautiful work!!!

After a while the meat is looking like that, very small :-)
Then we mix the all thing with some salt!
I have done this part too, this is great :-)










Ok now we cut the dough in small part.
each small part will be then rolled and cut.










We put them in some flour again.
Then is coming the tricky part.
Well not for mongolian people but for me :-)









if you are good you manage this result.
I managed something approaching.
I have done some pictures but they are blur.
I think my camera was chocked by my result :-)
So this one is a buzz to be cooked like a dumpling
This one (different form) is a kushur, to be cooked in oil
I prefer this one (more fatty :-))
This is the buzz machine
impressive, no?
After 25 minutes you are ready to eat tons of buzz.

oh you can make also a small version of buzz,  I call them mini buzz but actually this is bansch (or something like that!!)

Now you can make the buzz too :-)