Sunday, April 15, 2012

A saturday in Darkhan

This Saturday I have done my english conversation class with Boogee.
Her son was there, so after that we went to have some cakes at the great bakery.
Her son has really prefer the coca-cola than the cakes!!!
But I have to say that we have enjoyed the cakes!!
Very tasty ones. But this bakery is a bit expensive for Mongolia, but well once in a while.
They also do some juices there, with some local fruits.
I still don't know what this is, but this was tasty so !!!

After that we went to the market.
There are 2 in Darkhan the new and the old one :-)
In the old one you have 3 parts:
Clothes, Food,Supply.

In the clothe part I already bought my boots and some yak pullover.
I also put a new pant, because my other one was dying!!
So there are many people sitting there with small open shops, and you just look.
There was a lady with hundreds of pants, so I stopped there and start looking. She looks at my size and then I wanted to try.
So she just hang on a white sheet and I was trying there, very basic, but very functional.
After trying many of them and many sizes I have decided myself for this one.
Very nice.
There you have all types of clothes that you want, this is great, and prices are cheap!!!
In the supply part you find everything to build an house or electronics goods.
I wanted to buy a small torch.
So there I found one with no battery, this is the top

I just press the thing there and this is generating electricity and light!
Very useful.
There you can buy everything, from apple products to chines things!
But before buying just try.
But until now everything is working!!!




In the food part you can buy everything also.
A full sheep or horse, fruits, vegetables, rice, everything.
So I just bought 1 kilo of sheep meet!!


Look at that monster. I have managed to cut it in pieces to freeze it. It will make my month I think:-)



There is just one thing be careful of robbers….
For the moment ok :-)




On the evening I went with 2 german guys, working at the uni on a water project and a girl from Belgium to the texas pub.
This is a restaurant with american style food.
I had a club sandwich!!!!!
After so many months in Asia this is just a dreammmmmmmm
There was also a concert from Mongolian music. This was quite good but a bit loud :-)
In there there was a lot of mongolians but also a table with russian.
We are near to Russia here and there is also an russian consulate.
And the mongolian start dancing, and the girl they grab the russian, that was so cool to see them dancing together !!!

Well this was a great evening too, different, but sometimes refreshing :-)