Monday, July 9, 2012

Money in Mongolia

Ok for those who are wondering, I am still alive and back from my travel that was just fantastic!!
But I have to order my 1000 pictures and after you can know about it.
But for the time some post about Monglia ...

In Mongolia there is no coins (anymore I think)

So what happens????
You have a lot of notes
And what you see here is not so much money
But this is very big in my wallet and when I want to pay it takes me a long time to find the correct one!!!
Here some example, this is 10 and 20 Tughrik.
And 10 T is 0.00569624 euros
you see not so much value, but this is needed, because you imagine that the prices are lower here
This is becoming a bit better, we have the 50 and 100 T
For example with 250 T I can buy the traditional milk tea.
Youpi we go high!!
500 and 1000T
For my lunch here at the university I pay 2500 T
So I need these ones :-)
For a taxi ride in Darkhan I pay 500 T
This is a much bigger one: 10 000 T, for example when I go to UB by bus I pay 8000 T
There are more, 20000 and above I think but I don't have them…
We you become money back you always check your change, but for the moment this was always correct!!!
And put your wallet in a place that nobody can access it, there are some robbers here :-)
This is a question of habit. For me so far so good :-)

By the way my wallet is quite empty now, this is almost the end ....