Sunday, July 15, 2012

Naadam - Наадам

Ok everybody the Naadam!!!
So this was my last 3 days in UB.
The Naadam is the second big holiday after Saran Sar.
This is from 11 to 13 of July.
And here his my ticket. My god this is difficult to get those, I tell you!!, but well managed :-)
The first day 9 horses are going from Sukhbaatar square to the stadium where there is the wrestling competition.


Look at all these horses just beautiful!!


In the stadium you have many tourists but also some mongolian and a lot of them with traditional clothes, I like it!!!
The man in blue is the president of Mongolia, he was doing a speech, but well I didn't understand :-)
After that you have the opening ceremony during 1 hour
Mongolian wearing traditional costumes from all around Mongolia
The girls have beautiful dresses, carrying a flag with old mongolian writing
Some part of the stadium was not covered, so rain rain rain :-)
Mongolian people like very colorful clothes
And then 3 small boys in wrestling outfit were running around so cute !!!
After the ceremony all the tourist left … and then the wrestling is starting!!!!



For me this is the best part, everybody in dell and the wrestler, great great great!!!
These are young wrestlers
See the boots
The hat
And me in traditional clothe, гоё (pretty no????)
And the the fights.
Very difficult to follow, many men fighting everywhere, not really clear for me who the winner is and actually quite far away.
People told me it's better to watch it on tv …


And during the naadam the food to eat is khuushur.
I had many :-)
In the evening there was a concert and a firework
Second day we went to see the horse race, one hour away from UB.
This is the queue for the toilet, so you better hold on !!!
This is a big place where people are camping, eating, playing, doing everything possible!!!
Of course you have many horses...
And this is the place to see the races, but it's quite difficult to access...
But I managed to see some of it.
There are many races depending on the age of the horse.
But this is only young mongolian riding.
This is quite difficult and dangerous (some horses died) and some of the competitors don't manage…
But it was very nice!!


We also played some volleyball in the afternoon, I am still red from the sun and from the balls!!!

There is a third day, but I was not at the naadam but with some friends partying my last day in Mongolia :-) and :-(

The 14th I left Mongolia, now I am in Japan, oh very very different….
I miss Mongolia already :-(

More pictures under Naadam