So of course I went there.
This is a Shintoist ceremony, for blessing the dojo I guess.
Just a few people where there to look, seems not to interest anybody, but since this is new for me, I found that very nice, but seems not to be the case from everybody :-)
The best 7 sumos where there assisting the ceremony, with beautiful clothes.
I was said you can take pictures, than no, then yes again, so I took my small camera, unfortunately the quality is not so good, but it gives an idea of the ceremony.
Everybody was supposed to be very quiet.
And in the order: Toyonoshima, Kisenosato, Kotooshu
A smile or not looking so bored maybe?
And Harumafuji, Kotoshogiku, Kakuryu,Homasho
but he guys don't fall asleep, what's that, that's 10 o'clock that's not so early!!!!
One is yawning, one have the finger in the nose and the third is sleeping!!!
Baruto and Hakuho, ohh these 2 seems to be alive :-)
Well maybe not ….
a bit of action!!!
At least 2 are smiling :-)
This is the view of the ceremony
This is the man always making the sound with the wood, I like him very much!!!
His name is Hideo (He is the top of "yobidashi", the person who calls the sumos)
That's the priest doing the blessing ceremony
They took many objects to present them and then give them on the side
Like for example this piece of wood.
Unfortunately I don't know the meaning of it
In total they were 3 priests
This is a very representative hat of the priest
ok less and less alive
….
and that's outside of the stadium I like that very much this is beautiful, these are all the flags from the beyas (the sumo stable)
All the highest sumos are waiting for the ceremony to start:
The 3 priests are coming:
One of the priest coming to the dojo at the beginning of the ceremony:
This is the blessing parts with the leaves:
This is where they present some wooden things, sake I guess,….
This is the end of the ceremony where they are playing dumbs, that was very nice. The ceremony last about 30 minutes.
And at the end everybody went, not so far from me. And think they were happy to leave. But what?????
Does it has to be and so close to me. Kotooshu when there is a public don't do that. My god what is it with the sex symbol!!!!!!!
So I would say I enjoy the ceremony very much also to see these high sumos in their beautiful clothes, even if for them well that was not it :-)