Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The food

If you have ever been to Japan, you should know that one of the most important thing here is the food.
When japanese go on holidays somewhere they don't send postcard but the bring some miyage (みざげ).
You can buy them everywhere, especially in the train station.

So let's look at some food stories:

Yoshinoya:


Yoshinoya ist a fast food company.
You have them everywhere in Japan.
So when you see this kind of orange building this is one of them!!!!!





In there you have this kind of food. This is called tondon.
This is a bowl with some rice and some pork.


You can choose different size of bowl and some menus (with soup, egg, …)


And as you see this extremely expensive :-)


This is very easy to go in this fast food:
The menu has pictures of the meal
Sometimes you use a vending machine or a staff member will ask you what you want.


This is a vending machine.
You find it in many restaurant.

Put the money press your choice and you've got a ticket

Half a milli second after a staff member is coming

And a few minutes later you have the food :-)
In these restaurant you find mainly men and me :-)
Most of the people are eating alone, this is very often the case in Japan, so everybody is looking at his phone or iPod in my case!!!


Bref this one is my favorite

And you know what, I have a big one 2 minutes away from my place, open 24 hours!!!!! Just in case :-)





My Breakfast



Where I live ( a girl dorm) I can have the breakfast if I want.
This is my cantine :-)
And no you are not dreaming this is my breakfast:
Steak,  spaghetti (with parmesan chisu if I want :-), the chisu is very important in the story, this is cheese in Japanese), toast, salad, soup and a green tee.

At my place the breakfast are very lunch oriented!!!




There is always a soup, tee and vegetables.
Last time I had an egg with french fries
Sometimes it is a bit hard for the morning, but it gives energy for the rest of the day!!!!!








Vending machines:


In Japan you will find these vending machines everywhere. And when I say everywhere that's  really everywhere!!!

There you have all kind of drinks: Soft drinks, strange drinks, energetic drinks and of course coffee.
Japanese are crazy about coffee, they drink a lot of it.
As you can see some of the drinks have a red sticker. It means that this is hot.

Yes, yes, the can is heated, and you can have your hot coffee.

This is so great!!!!

My favorite is the cherry drink :-)


 My lunch

Today I went near my school, there is an arcade an plenty of restaurant.
So I choose Tempura!!!
I took the menu with the soup.

Very important in Japan, you always have a drink included: water or tee.

For lunch I had this barley tee, this has a special taste, very strange at the beginning.


So now I am getting hungry, I will goo to have some food :-) itadakimasu いただきます

 

I can not remove these blank lines everywhere, tonight this is not working so fine :-)