And today were 2 sumos events!!!
So I took a first train to go to Kidonanzoimae, and there there was a ceremony with Hakuho. I took me just 1/2 an hour to arrive there. There there is a very big statue of a Buddha:
That's the flyer for the event
The place is a little bit in the mountains, so there is a beautiful view
As you see the statue is really huge!!!!
Just look at the size of the head :-)
And everywhere there are this small representations of Buddha.
So the place is very impressive, and I am there quite early, so I managed to have a very very good place to see the yokozuna, I am very excited. This time I am near a man wo is very happy to chat with me!!!
And like always in Japan it has started a noun as announced.
These are the helpers, but I found them very nice too
What is also nice is to see the contrast between the tradition and modernity, look at the cell phone :-)
And there, there he is, one hand away from me, I can touch him if I want:
Hakuho is doing the ceremony in front of the big buddha
This ceremony is very short, like 8 minutes
at the end they are turning in all directions, in order for us to see them well!!!
I don't want to comment anymore, just look
The ceremony was so beautiful and I was so close to see all the details!!!
I am not the only one to be impressed!!!
Just for you too see the haircut of a sumo
They are 2 different, the one for the fight or when you do a ceremony (like Hakuho, with a ginkgo form)
And the other one for all the other occasions
This 1st ceremony was really a delight, but no time to loose, I am going to a second place to see Kaio.
I am going to Nogata this time this is the home town of Kaio.
That's the flyer for Kaio eventIn the train I met am old lady and when I told her I am going to see Kaio, she joined me :-) Everybody loves Kaio in Japan. I was very glad she joined me, because the way to find Kaio was very very long!!!
and once there it was not finished!!!
The rain was quite heavy today, and I have to say I had mud almost until the knee!!
What should I do for Kaio!!!!
I think the former prime minister found that very funny!!!
And for once it was not so crowded, so I was quite near to Kaio
There was a girl making some interview of him, and some people asked also some questions:
Do you have children? No but 2 dogs
Your weight: 170kg but I want to loose
Your job: not clear what was the answer
Hobby: I will start golf
--> That one I could have answers for him!!!!!! All men in Japan are crazy about golf!!!
I like this one, because Kaio the great ozeki seems to be a bit lost: What I am supposed to do.
I am also not sure he was so comfortable with his suit :-)
This one is also nice.
That day I have seen Kaio smiling and laughing, that was the first time!!!
This is an extract of the interview, was so funny
So after that I was really dead and muddy!! but so great!!
See all the pics in the sumo page!!!
