Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sumo Basho day 4

Today I was at the basho again :-)
I won 1/2 price ticket at school. I was in a 4 box with 3 students from the school, on the south side, very near to the dojo, it was just fantastic.

But since I am going very often to the basho, to day I will concentrate on 4 sumos:

The 1st one is Gagamaru. he is from Georgia and one of the heaviest sumo at the moment: 199kg.
This is the place where they wait before the ceremony.
I like this place, because the sumos are very near and very relax.
Gagamaru is laughing.
This is a few minutes later that, I like the face that the 3 are doing.
Seems that this ceremony is not their favorite :-)
This is the second sumo for today: Kokkai, from Georgia :-)
The first Georgian that have done the sumo.
Hum once again this is not that this ceremony :-)
The 3rd sumo for today is the one on the middle and he is ….
no no not Georgian but Russian :-)
OK Kokkai:
This is the time where he is giving water the the sumo fighting.
I like the glance, like hum what's happening, what are they doing?????
This is his preparation before the fight, he is completely concentrated.
I like Kokkai because he seems to be a nice person.
Some sumos complain because he has a bart, and this is not soft when they fight :-)
Seems to me that Kokkai is always doing this gesture before his fight. Readjusting his mawashi (the cloth that they wear)
 Taking a big breath
and trowing the salt.
I like especially the salt part
This can make very nice pictures.
Today Kokkai was fighting against Toyohibiki.
3 lost for Kokkai so far :-(
 Both fighter falled down, so this was unclear who the winner is, that's why all the judges are talking
this should be a terrible wait. But finally Kokkai won :-)
Gagamaru, preparing himself
People like him because he is like a big Teddy bear.
For me this is his name, I think Gagamaru is just perfect, and also he seems to be a very kind person again.
Since I was in Georgia I can say that most of Georgian people are extremely nice!!!
This is one the facing, there are 3 or 4 during the preparation phase.
Sumo is also very psychological, with the facing they can try to impress the other sumo.
Unfortunately Gagamaru loosed against Yoshikaze today. His weight can be a disadvantage sometimes. Because Gagamaru is a pusher, if the other one manage to stop that than Gagamaru has difficulties.
Aran, the bad boy of sumo :-))))
His sumo is, my opinion, not the nicest one, he is kind of brutal, but he is different as the other ones, that's what I like.
But since a few Basho I have the impression that his sumo is getting nicer.
Today Aran have lost again, this time against Harumafuji.
But this is always nice for me to watch him.

ok the last one for today, hum who is that???
Ok easy, this is Tochinoshin, my favorite, the one I met :-)
 Today when he saw me again, he had a big laugh!!! Is that positive????
His fight today was extremely difficult. This was against the Yokozuna Hakuho.
 My opinion a beautiful salt picture
I like this one because I have the impression that Tochinoshin is running away from Hakuho.
The concentration is huge.
The fight was beautiful, for a few seconds I also thought that Tochinoshin could beat Hakuho, this was extremely intense.
But unfortunately this was not the case, but a very nice fight. For the moment Tochinoshin has no win, well well well….







For the end 2 videos. The first one is this ring ceremony:



The second one is Kotooshu vs Okinoumi. Kotooshu has to have a positive score otherwise he may loose his Oseki rank. So he is giving everything:



more pictures in the page Basho day 4.
Enjoy :-)