Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Food

The food in Japan is something very important.
When you travel you don't send postcard, but you buy some omiyage (souvenirs) that are the food speciality of the place.
Some restaurant or convenient stores are open 24 hours.
Basically you can eat all the time.

So let's see some food I had:

This is the entrance of the onsen where I am going
and in this onsen you can eat :-)
you first choose your food in a menu, the you go to a vending machine where you buy your lunch, then you give your ticket at a counter and you get this machine
When your lunch is ready that thing is doing bipppppp


and this is what you get!
You often have fried meat, with always a salad
and of course the free tee or water



This is a ramen (noodle) restaurant near my place.
Here as well I have selected my menu at a vending machine.
And after I have got these huge portion!!!
Pasta and a bouillon with meat

I have also my personal heater, so I can choose the temperature :-)
I put the pasta in my bouillon and with a sluuuuup sluuuuup I have eaten the all thing.
In Japan 3 things:
the portions are huge
people are eating incredibly fast
when you eat you make noise (this is very strange for european people :-))

These are the ladies at my cantine.
They were very happy when I asked them if I could take a picture.
They have redone their make-up for this occasion :-)


There I have many things to take:
tee, rice, soup, main course, salad, sauces,….
these ladies always told me what to take :-)

and at the end this is my dinner!
Always huge!!!!!!
this was one of my lunch, as usual a soup and a bol with rice and pork
おいちい です
I wanted to try that drink, this was soja milk I guess with a scrunch banana, very strange ….

with that I took a nigiri filed with some fish eggs
and that's a lunch, with a strange cake for dessert
Actually I love this cake, it is filling your stomach, and you have energy for the day!!!




This is one of my favorite drink: tapioca (the big things down)
And you have a very big straw to slurp them!!

This one was with coco milk








 oh and this one, what do you think???
Well it was just delicious :-)
This is one of my favorite caffe (choco cro) where I have delicious pain au chocolat!!!
this is a concenient store where you can buy everything.
They also make your food hot (very convenient)
You have Lawson, Familly mart, 7/11
I have two just near my place!!!!
and the last for today: this is dried squid (japanese chewing gum)
that I buy in case I feel hungry :-)
Very special










hum this is still early, but I am getting hungry, let's eat some squid :-)