Sunday, December 11, 2011

Game of Go

In the Evening with Hiroshi san we play some go.
This is a traditional game, coming from China.
This is actually pretty simple but also difficult at the same time.
You have 2 colors: black and white. Black always start.
So I have the black because this is a small advantage.
After this is a territory game.
You have to define and defend your territory by blocking and / or eating the other one.
When you surround you eat.
Seems pretty simple, but you always have to think of everything and the possible next moves.
So for the moment I am not so good, but making some progress!!!
As you may see I won that game :-)
For the moment we play on a small bret, but the real one is much bigger, but too complex for me, and the games will last forever.

Every Sunday on TV there are some masters playing and some other masters explaining the strategy. So we watch that, but hum this is kind of too advanced for me :-)
But I am learning !!!


When we don't play go we watch TV or we have rented some DVDs.
One day we have spoken about Prison break, the next day we went to rent the first episodes!!
In English with english subtitles, otherwise むすかしい for me :-)
But tonight we are invited by the neighbors to eat some donburi I think :-)

So since we eat early (at 6pm) I have to go soon!