Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ueno

Today I went to Ueno, another old area in Tokyo.

I went there by foot, this 20 minutes away from my hotel.
On the way I felt like in France :-)
Before starting my visit I took some lunch to have some energy.
The lunch was just enormous!!!
There I met a japanese who is english teacher, so we have chatted a bit :-)

After I have decided to visit a cemetery. Yes this is strange but I like it very much so…
And I am not the only one to like it, it was full of cats, lazing on the sun!!!
From there you have a beautiful view on the Tokyo tree :-)
 These are the tombs,  and this is moving with the wind and making some noise, very nice.
These are different kinds
Famous japanese artists and family are buried there, but I don't know them so, I was just walking around.
The place was very big.
See this is very nice to relax :-)
On my way back I found a temple with 84000 images of Jizo (Guardian deity of children)


Very impressive the number. But most of them are broken...
But since nobody was there this was very nice, just for me!!!!
After that I found another temple on my way back.
This characters are always on the roof. I like them very much.
And this is a dragon
So this is the place. I have removed my shoes and enter.
Inside you can not take pictures and there was a priest.
Since I was alone we have started to chat together in English.
He was very happy to speak with me, this was very nice :-)
Outside this is winter and everybody is cold, when I say everybody this is everybody!!

In the garden all of them were having their winter cloths, there is no reason :-)
After that I wanted to visit the national museum but they are close for the end of the year, well never mind it was late anyway…
There are many museums in Uneo and the one of occidental art, with the door of hell (the door was also in Zurich)
And the burghers of Calais from Rodin, but I am not sure this is original or a copy….
There is a big park with all these museums, but there there are a lot of homeless people sleeping...


And there is also a zoo where they rent (to China, they are clever!!!) pandas.
And everybody's loves pandans.
So of course you have all kind of food in form of pandas!!
I saw it also on TV many times :-)