We always talk about food, on TV they always speak about food and there are food shops and restaurant everywhere.
So since I am integrating I will talk about food!!!
So since I am french (yes yes), Hiroshi san took me to a french restaurant in Saidaiji.
You see they sell roquefort and camembert.
But this is quite expensive food for them. Of course this is imported!!!
As a starter we had some different cheeses: camembert, mozzarella and a spanish cheese.
So I show Hiroshi san how to eat it. We put the cheese on some baguette :-)
Japanese are fond of our french bread :-)
And then we had some pasta that are more Italian than french, but it was delicious.
So I show him use to use the spoon to roll the pasta.
Well he still thinks that using sticks is easier. Especially because the plate have to stay on the table.
Well in Japan you often bring the plate, bowl or whatever to your mouth :-)
Ok it was still slurp noise everywhere, it can not be perfect!!!!
but the day was not over :-)
On the evening we had shabu shabu!!!
So new friends came, we were 6 at the farm.
This is a big radish. So you have to grape this big radish.
Not so easy you know.
Watch the video. Sorry you have to turn your head or the computer, because I don't know how to turn a video :-)
In the mean time you prepare the soup. Put some nori in hot water.
The recipe may vary depending on who is cooking :-)
So in your bowl put the radish from before and this sauce, mix well.
Don't be shy put a lot of sauce and radish :-)
The bottle and the radish lasted only that evening !!!
After bring a lot (but really a lot) of vegetables.
We had some meat, fish and Udon too.
And then ready … go!!!
So the women (they usually cook) put the vegetable in the water
and everything else actually :-)
and then everybody serves itself in the pot. You take what you want put in your bowl with the radish and the sauce and just eat!!
We had a lot to eat I tell you, I almost exploded.
I am still wondering how tiny japanese can eat so much!!!!!
And because it was not enough we had some nigiri with red bean too :-)
But everything was just delicious!!
Everybody was taking care of me. After I managed to talk with the ladies, and since they don't speak english it was in Japanese. Not always easy but we manage to have a small conversation.
It was once again a really great evening!!!
After that the only thing left is to sleep. It doesn't help to digest but what else you want to do :-)