Monday, January 30, 2012

1st day in Mongolia

After a night of sleep, this was ok by the way, 2 very warm duvet and my sleeping bag, Buya came to take me for some shopping.


We first started with a breakfast/lunch. Meat again, with some rice and vegetables, very nice!!
And then we took a collective taxi again to go the the old or the new I am not sure Darkhan.
There we went to a bazaar, well this is actually a market.


First thing to buy are shoes!! And I have seen some beautiful mongolian shoes.
They are fitting me perfectly and they are beautiful, I love them, and ok they are warm.

Oh today in the morning it was -40 degrees, but during the day with the sun this is going up to -25 degrees, but without wind this is really ok, and with my boots no problem!!!


The only thing is that the hair in my nose are freezing, this is a really strange sensation!!!



For the inside I also bought this, even more warm!!!

And I also have these georgian socks which makes the all thing even more more more warm :-)

in the market there are only mongolian, ok, but many mongolian in traditional clothes. With these long colorful coats and the shoes like mine, and the hat.
I don't have pictures, but to make photos like that is not so respectful.

After that I bought this yak pullover, very nice too.
Ok I won't tell you the price because otherwise you will die :-)


This is very mongolia, and very red like my shoes!!!



And then I needed some mobile phone, so we went to another part of the market to buy one :-)
This is very convenient this kind of bazaar you can find everything :-)

After that we went to the food part to buy some meat. So there you will find entire animals or small parts. And since this is very cold you don't need a fridge or something to cool them down!!!

Then some potatoes, some rice and some stuff for my kitchen and my bathroom. And also some mongolian tea.

What is funny is that there when you buy cigarettes you buy them one by one, you don't buy the full pack.
There there is also some men with horses, not to ride them but to carry things.

One last thing to buy this is my sim card for my phone, for that direction the shops near the university. On a screen you can select your number, you pay and that's it (no need for any registration :-)).




After that we went to the university, the next building after the my dormitory, great not so much to walk!
This is Sunday but some people are there, but no teachers.
There in the teacher room there is wifi :-) Great, sad that this is not the case in my dormitory, but well that's ok!


For my dinner I cooked some rice and some of the meat, actually I am not sure what this is, goat or sheep maybe?
Very good and a lot of tea to get some heat!







After that I watch some tv, saw some mongolian wrestling and a lot of traditional songs.
Then this is time to go to bed, because tomorrow… well I don't know, somebody should come :-)
As they say in Mongolia, hufff … later.
And also because there is no more electricity :-)