Friday, January 6, 2012

2nd day in Seoul :-)

Today breakfast in the room (cereals, toasts): nice!!
And then I was so tired that I slept until noon :-)
And then this is time to have a lunch, yeah, as I told you!!
And because we are in Korea we went to a real japanese restaurant :-)
Wouah that was very nice and cheap!!!
After that we went to Changdeokgung palace to visit the secret garden and the castle.
We took a guided tour for the private garden.
See that's her :-)


1,5 hour of visit, very interesting.
The buildings have very nice colors
But this is getting cold.As you may see it is snowing now!!
this garden was for the king and the queen and the people they invited.
That's why it is cold secret garden.
These simple buildings are for the servants.
And this is the last building with a straw roof.
As you see on the stones this is written in Kanji. This is because Korean was a spoken language for a long time and they used kanji (Chinese) to write.
Since it was very cold not so many people were visiting, this is great.
And with the snow it has a special cachet.
Great visit, but inside there is nothing to see.
Makes me remember the forbidden city in Bejing.
Then direction Bukchon hanok village.
These are small streets with korean traditional houses.


There are also many cafes and light.This is very nice, very cosy and with the snow particularry nice.

Looks more european and all these small cafes are pretty :-)
It was very nice but ...

Outside this is -5 degrees (well nothing compare to what I will have very soon), but pretty cold!!!
So back to the room.
This is some artistic work in the subway.


For the dinner another traditional korean restaurant: chicken and beer.
Very funny, we took the one with french fries but otherwise there is only chicken and big beer.
This is delicious!!!
Not very healthy but who cares?
Not me, and I did worse!!!
You see that, all that, this looks delicious, so I had to try :-)

I took the kumquat muffin!!!
Yes it has to be, by this kind of temperature you need some ernergy :-)

And that's end of day 2 :-) And the temperatures are dropping !!!!