Last night it was snowing in Tokyo and in the morning you have that
or that
but the worse is that. Because it was so icy that I gave up
do you image walking there?
I tried, too dangerous so I found some other streets to walk
but sometimes it was not better, but I managed to go to my goal, the Edo museum.
Well guess where this is?
An hint maybe, look at the picture :-)
This is in Ryogoku where the sumos are.
I just saw one by the way.
So this is a museum, not about sumo but about Edo.
Edo is the name of Tokyo and a period in Japan between 1600 and 1868. After that this is Meiji.
In this museum there are some free guided tour. I had a japanese man just for me :-)
We did the tour in english, during 1,5 hour (and for free I tell you!!!)
They have a lot of reconstruction of old buildings, this one is a theater
or they have some model.
this was a department store. This one still exist in Nihombashi, but differently. There was a very big fire that has destroyed a big part of Edo and after that in 1923 there was a big earthquake.
So many things just disappeared.
He explained me the story of the Shogun (the lords) and their wife and the servants and the soldier
We also talked about the political system and how life was organized
I saw a lot of pictures and models and paper.
That was really really nice.
And the man was really well explaining.
In the museum there are also some parts where you can try things, like enter an house or carry some water, ...
This is more modern time, but I like the picture, guess why?
I don't know who is too big or too small:-)
This is a model of the electric theater in Asakusa (near my hotel). Seems to be that in Asakusa there were a lot of theater, bars, restaurants and this was a famous place for entertainment
There were also some old photos.
Like sumo training :-)
or at school. I like the old colors
This was a wall full of writing, not sure about the meaning!
Well very interesting afternoon, the museum is quite big and it's worth to have a guide I tell you!!
Now I am going to have dinner, I won't tell you what, but for lunch I had some tempuras, delicious!!!