Today after a very big breakfast at the hotel (rice, eggs, salad, sausages, bread, tee, orange juice, …) direction Usuki.
This is 30 minutes away from Oita. So first the train :-)
Then a cab, because the bus was 1 hour after to see these buddhas.
They are supposed to be 1000 years old.
They are designated as national treasure and represent the soul of old Japan
This is in the forest on a small mountain and with this sunny day this is very nice!!!
You can also use that for free to make your prayers
And this is to make a wish.
I did one, but I won't tell you what :-)
I really enjoyed it there, really nice status and forest
This lady was followed by 3 cats, but she was feeding them so that makes the all thing easy :-)
Sometimes the status looks like some aliens
Don't you think??
I like this small one, all alone in the sun, but smiling :-)
After that visit of the city. This is Ryugen-ji, a temple from 1600.
The city is full of temples actually, not very far one from another so easy to go by foot.
I love these characters on the roof. I always take pics from them :-)
This was a cemetery.
I told you I like them :-)
Another one on the roof!!!
Totoro, totoro, this is Totoro
sorry, a bit too excited :-)
This is some painting in Nioza road.
Narrow traditional streets, see next pictures
Some restaurant with a lot of decoration
And the narrow streets as I said!
Some fugu, you know the fish that when this is not correctly prepared you died !!
Never tried, but don't want to.
Why buy something very expensive maybe good that can kills you???
This is like very much. These are doors leading to a inari (fox) temple
This is the inari temple.
This red color are just beautiful.
It seems to be the beloved sport there. I saw many people (old) playing on the way.
And that… Well as you see.
Japan is a risk country for natural disaster.
But when it happen, just go as high as you can, that's the only thing to do …
After that back to Oita (watch the sumo :-))))))