Monday, January 30, 2012

Welcome to Mongolia

So This morning I woke up at 5am30, which is very very very early, but well no choice!!!
Then direction the Asakusa line to take the direct train for Narita international airport.
Kuramae is really a great place, in less than an hour with a direct train I am at the airport
This is goodI don't have to change because with my enormous suitcase and 3 bags this is kind of difficult!!

Ok at the airport, this is 7am, the counter are closed and will open at 7am20, ok I queue :-)
Then finally this is my turn, my suitcase is 23kg, the limit is 20kg
I don't say a word let's say what's happening...
Oh great this is going through without a supplement!!!

Ok direction the bording gate, after some controls, where you have to remove everything and show your computer

This is already time to check in and then when this is my turn, alarm, something is wrong

What my suitcase is there, is it too heavy after all???
No !!! But I have a lithium battery in it which is forbidden, but ok as a hand luggage
So I have to open the suitcase and search for this camera battery, mamamia, not so easy, but I found it

What a story!!!!

Ok first flight to Seoul, 2,5 hours, very nice plane, modern, my own TV, music that I can start when I want, a lot of space, near the window
a lunch, bref perfect.
Then In seoul I have to go to the transfer desk for my flight to Mongolia, because I fly MIAT now.

Oh my god!!! I have less 1,5 hours
This is another terminal: first 15 minutes to go to the shuttle train (I still have 3 bags with me and I am dressed with a lot of clothes, so this is getting hot!!!)
Then, shuttle, 5 minutes
Then transfer desk, 10 minutes, but this is the wrong one, return to another one, 5 minutes, and there 2 ladies over stressed
I have to queue and when this is my turn, they don't find me.
Of course my name is too long, it took again 15 minutes to have my boarding pass!!

How long now? 50 minutes, then 10 minutes to go to my boarding gate and there boarding direct!!!
What a story, can you image an old lady doing that?? No chance!!!

Ok this is a MIAT flight, actually I didn't wanted to fly with them, because I was scared about the condition of the planes :-(
But when I changed my flight I had no choice.
OK first impression, only mongolian, big people, sumos everywhere, yeah!!!!
2nd impression, is it me or I have the worse seat? Near the big exit door, in front of the cabin attendant, near the food??? and no window???

Ok the flight is not full so I asked and I could seat where I wanted!!
So I took a all row in the middle, just for me!!!!!!!
I have no window, but I can see from the side.
The plane is old, but no trouble at all, after a lunch again I slept the rest of the flight and just woke up 10 minutes before landing, just the time to fill my immigration card!

So I have to say: MIAT, OK!!!!

At the airport you can think not so many people!! But no no no, full, because seems that many flights are coming at the same time, how come???

Ok so wait and wait and wait, and finally, very easy a stamp on my visa and I am out.
Oh yeah from the 10 minutes I was awake I saw Ulaanbaatar, this is very white and surrounded by mountains!!!

Ok outside Buya (short version of the name) a teacher from the university is waiting for me

First we have to go out, tadada!!!!!! I am lucky today is only -25 degrees, so not so cold!
We first jump in his cousin's car to go to a taxi stand to go to Darkhan.
We took a collective taxi to go there. 3 people on the back, the driver and one father with his son in the front.
This is warm inside and the driver is very careful driver, so great.

I don't see so much from Ulannbaatar, because the night is already there, but there are many karaokes, supermarkets, hotels and restaurant and many people outside, and my impression is that many of them are not so dressed...


In the middle of the way we stop at a restaurant to eat, ship, rice, potato and some milk tea, very nice!









The road is ok, well in Ulaanbaatar there are many holes, after this is better, but you can't drive very quickly.

So how long did it take?
Well I don't really know, but all in one I landed at 4pm20 and I was in my room at 11pm, so not so quick!!


Ok this is my room, first impression, well this is big
 I have my own bathroom, kind of strange but it will make it. 
This was not the room where I was supposed to be, but the other one was not cleaned up. This one is a bit colder, but well, less than outside so this is ok!!!

And I even have a tv, so what else do you want!!!!